Remote Desktop CredSSP encryption Oracle remediation: This is a quick credssp registry fix for the following error when trying to connect to a machine using RDP connect Server.
This Reason because the your server not update. Or You are connecting to is not patched up to date, and the machine you are connecting from is. Modify the registry to allow your machine to connect to it:
- Open Regedit.
- Navigate to the following registry key, or create it if it does not exist:
- Create a new DWORD value called “AllowEncryptionOracle“.
- Set the new registry below with entry to have a value of 2:
- Connect to the server that you were unable to connect to before.
Run this from an elevated command prompt to achieve the same result:
- REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\CredSSP\Parameters” /v AllowEncryptionOracle /t REG_DWORD /d 2.
This registry entry is a temporary workaround until you have patched your server, when you have done that, remove the setting with this command.
- REG Delete “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\CredSSP\Parameters” /v AllowEncryptionOracle